free hit counter Snacks, please!: For my veggie friend

Monday, February 11, 2008

For my veggie friend

I have lots to write about -- Barry Manilow! Making the au pair cry...
But, for now, a quick Ode to My Red-Haired Friend.

I can be your friend! I can be your friend!
If your hair is RED or yellow,
we can have lunch,
I'll share my Jello!
I can be your friend!

This is actually from Veggie Tales, a crazy Christian show that Lulu brought home from the library on Friday. There's a whole song about lips, sang by a tomato to his veggie psychiatrist. (He kissed his Aunt Ruth and she had a beard!) And there's another bizarro episode where the cucumber loses his hair brush, sings sadly about it (while wearing just a wisp of a towel), and then finds out that he doesn't even have hair. How unfair!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I love Jello!

February 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kicker is, Jello isn't really vegetarian (depending how you define it) because it has animal-product gelatin in it.
Those wacky, misguided, singing vegetables...

February 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Secretly, I love Veggie Tales. And David actually stayed up late to watch them. By himself. And I said, "Were you doing something else too?" He said, "No. Just watching Veggie Tales. Have you heard the song about the lips?"
Once I went to Fresh Fields and asked for marshmallows. They laughed. It's that same secret anti-veggie stuff in those too.

February 12, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home