free hit counter Snacks, please!: Sorry, Tom. I'm back!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sorry, Tom. I'm back!

For several years, I served as founder and chief instigator of a Tom Hanks movie boycott. You might not have heard of it, but it actually was pretty successful. (Can you name his biggest hit of 2006? Hm? Well, it was Cars, which was a pretty big one, but you don't actually see him in it! Proof that I have great powers.)

Anyway, it could have been an even more successful campaign if I had a media budget or an articulated position. (Betcha Mitt Romney says the same thing. Ha.) In any case, last year I realized I was all wrong about Tom Hanks. It was Tom Cruise who I really don't like. What a nut!

Possible catch-phrases:

Stay home! Your Cruise has been canceled!

Turn off the Cruise control!

I am not embarrassed about my time spent on the Other Tom boycott. I did have compelling reasons, I just can't remember exactly what they were. Something about wages in Immokalee? Oh, no, it was those stupid Gump jokes... Anyway, Mr. Hanks, I'm back! And I'm WAY looking forward to Charlie Wilson's War tonight!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about your Hanks jihad! I would have mocked you mercilessly the other day when you said you wanted to see "CWW" if I had remembered!

February 8, 2008 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

How can you hate Tom Hanks? That is like totally un-American. Now hating Tom Cruise, THAT is an art!

February 11, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger The Slacker Mom said...

How was it? I'm very frightened of Julia Roberts hair in the previews but this movie is on my list.

February 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

It was fabulous!
We've seen three great movies in 2008 -- Juno, CWW and Atonement. (After seeing ZERO in 2007...) Now I think we should try to see a play or something. Living crazy!

February 12, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home