free hit counter Snacks, please!: With my bayonet glistening in the sun!*

Friday, January 25, 2008

With my bayonet glistening in the sun!*

I'm off to New Jersey this weekend to meet a guy that I call Detective. He calls me Honey. We will compare tattoos and weapons, and I'm counting on him to show me a few gang signs that I can confidently toss for free movie passes. And it's all for work! What fun.

It's also the very first time that I will be sans babies/David since 2006. Wow! I'm bringing a book on tape for the car ride: Muriel Spark. And a book for the hotel: Paul Theroux. I'm expecting a lovely dinner, and also at least eight hours of interrupted sleep. Nobody will say, "Mommeee! I have peepee in my jammies!"

I am not one of those grouchy mamas who says, "I need to get away from my children," but I think it'll be okay. (The hotel has a jogging track! And Jacuzzi!)

* You know the song, right? I'm off to Dublin in the green, in the green, with my bayonet glistening in the sun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Daav said...

I can understand your interest in admiring each other's ink work (though I don't think I approve) but what weapons do you have?!

January 25, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I believe that would be my razor-sharp wit...

January 28, 2008 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I was going to say something like "razor-sharp wit" (well that and something about a wicked use of exclamation points).
You must tell us what your tattoo is of.

January 29, 2008 at 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home