free hit counter Snacks, please!: Lucy says no to prom, yes to ministry

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lucy says no to prom, yes to ministry

1) I scraped the side of David's car (again) in my Inferno-like parking garage. Lucy took one look at it and exclaimed, "Oh Gawd! Not again!" (I've been hearing a lot about the Big Guy lately, as in, "Oh Gawwwd! Where's my nipple?" or "Oh Gawd! The Babies are trying to eat my lunch!"

2) Lucy is very popular with the boys at school. Her teacher has a couple of theories -- maybe they like her because she's so tiny, maybe because she never fights, or maybe because she won't whine when they get wacky. She just says, "NO!" Anyway, she was spending a lot of time with a little charmer named Jack, but not so much anymore. When asked, she said, "I'm done with him."

3) After a particularly trying afternoon with The Babies -- Margaret had turned off her Thomas video and knocked over her Jello, and then body-slammed her to the carpet -- and Lucy had tried to reason with them, "Babies! These are not your toys! These are not Baby Toys! This is not your lunch! Be gentle! You are being naughty!" she turned in disgust and concluded, "These babies...they just don't LISTEN TO ME."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gawwwd! is nothing. My littlest for a while took to saying, anytime she didn't get what she wanted, "You're hurting my life!"
Who did she hear THAT from?

February 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

"I'm done with him."

BWAAHAAHAAHAAAAA!!!

February 6, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I know. Aren't they hysterical? All these little people and the way that they think... it cracks me up!

February 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home