free hit counter Snacks, please!: Dr. Lucy

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dr. Lucy

I was surfing gumboshop.com yesterday when Lucy sidled up and asked, "Whatta you doin'?" Well, I told her, I have a friend who is sick and I was thinking that maybe he'd like to eat some non-hospital food. "Does he have a beaver?" she asked. "I don't think so!" I said. "Beavers aren't allowed in the hospital. They make a mess in the sinks."

With great patience, she explained to me that a beaver is like a teeny-tiny tube that comes out of a machine in the hospital and goes up to your nose. "Like Josephine had one, and Margaret, when she was a baby, but not me."

They help you beave.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

OK, that is officially the cutest thing ever said by any child. EVER.

February 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh my!! Just the other week, Anya was sticking a pen in her always-tortured dollie's eye. When I asked what she was doing, she replied "getting the beaver out. It needs to fly away. Beavers make you sick."

Maybe they all know something we don't about Horrid Beavers??

February 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(clutching heart to keep it from failing due to cuteness overload)

February 15, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home