free hit counter Snacks, please!: Tuna noodle casserole?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tuna noodle casserole?

Every week, I spend close to $300 at Safeway. I would like to hope that eventually they will reward me with my own custom cart, but they haven't yet expressed any significant gratitude. (I want a special horn to toot Take Me Back to Mayo in the condiments aisle. Heehee.)

So, here's where I need help. About $100 of it is the super-duper, high-calorie baby formula that my pediatrician demands I buy, plus diapers. That's non-negotiable. But the other $200? I have no idea! It's not like I'm buying snapper every week. (I haven't even seen snapper in the stores in years...) I also don't buy beef, unless it's pot roast, and I don't buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts either. (At $9 a pound, who does?)

Lulu would be happy with salmon and shrimp on alternating days. (Does this mean her brain is craving omega-3's? Am I depriving her of IQ points when I sing, "Beans are good for your heart! The more you eat, the more you fart!") I do think she needs to develop less expensive tastes for such things as my seventh-favorite berry. (After blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, mulberry and huckleberry comes... the wheatberry!)

To consider: Cheese quesadillas? A healthy option?

Anyway, awaiting advice (and recipes), I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home