free hit counter Snacks, please!: I Resolve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Resolve

1) To run a 10K race. Right before Christmas, Auntie Pamela and I mailed in forms for the 10-mile Cherry Blossom race in April. I didn't win a spot, but Pamela did! She must be very lucky. (So why can't she find an appropriate boyfriend? Hahaha!) Anyway, we must have been on crack to think we could run 10 MILES -- but I think 10K is doable, especially if we get new $100 running shoes. I am pretty sure that will make all the difference in the world.

2) To go out (without my children) at least once a month. Because, let's see... Since Lucy was born, I have seen exactly two movies: the fabulous Little Miss Sunshine and the not-bad Narnia film. (In my head, I always thought Mr. Tumnus would have a shirt on...) We will begin fulfillment of Resolution 2 this Saturday: Charlie Wilson's War, Juno or Atonement?

3) To redo the kitchen. More on that later.

Not bad, huh? Of course I want to be a good person, more patient, blah-blah, but I do prefer a more concrete New Year's resolution. Like George Miller and Ted Kennedy, I want measurable goals!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whichever movie you see, please write a review! They're all on my list.

January 2, 2008 at 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw Juno, it was very funny.

I agree that the $100 shoes will make ALL the difference!

Jennifer

January 2, 2008 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

We snuck out last night and saw Atonement. I was pleasantly surprised--even though I went into it sulking because I couldn't stay up for the 10:35 viewing of Sweeny Todd. And, if this helps your decision, it's definitely worth seeing on the big screen. Lots of grand, sweeping vistas and beautiful film work. It would lack something on TV.

January 4, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i actually saw both juno AND charlie wilson's war -- the first and second movies i have seen since Callie was born more than a year ago. i really liked both

January 4, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

How come everybody is seeing movies but me? And you all have small children too!! I must take notice and inspiration.
Excellent point about what looks better on the big screen. Of the three, I bet Juno would be just fine on our TV.

January 4, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Maybe Auntie Pamela can't find an appropriate boyfriend because they're an urban myth! Or she only hangs out with baby twins, which everyone knows doesn't help attract the men.

January 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home