free hit counter Snacks, please!: My eenie-weenie queenie

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My eenie-weenie queenie

I try not to be crazy about the babies and their health. (Not too many posts on this subject lately, no?) But Josephinie! Regular snackers will note that my eenie-weenie queenie weighed 16 lb 4 oz two weeks ago, which put her in the Third World section of the international growth charts. Now, after her bout with the Bermuda Triangle, she weighs... even less! And, let's see, even if we adjust her age and say she's really a gestational 9-month-old (instead of a chronological 10.5 month old), where is she on the growth chart? Hmm... I can't seem to find it...Oh, I see...

She's not on it at all!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

My little April was born weighing 2lbs 12oz. When we got her, she was 14 months old and weighed 13lbs. She didn't hit 20lbs until she was 20 months old. Now that she is 5, she is 40 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds.

If she's otherwise healthy-ish; give her time to catch up on the weight. Maybe she's just a peanut.

January 3, 2008 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Mary,
That is very reassuring.
thank you!

January 4, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home