free hit counter Snacks, please!: Come back to me.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Come back to me.

Oh, the movies...The popcorn is much saltier than I remember and I forgot how one must sip cautiously on the giant soda, which all meant I had to step on a nice man's toes on the way to the loo.

Atonement was sad. Very, very sad. I went to bed on Saturday night, huddled under the blankets, full of remote British longing and regret. I could hear that whisper, "Come back to me," leaking behind my eyes. It made them hurt. Ohhhh, tragic love! David said he liked it quite a lot. Actually, what the Barbarian said was, "I like wartime movies... Do you think they actually bombed the Tube like that?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh men. They never know the dark, tragic, sheer Wuthering Heights-ness that these movies bring to us dames. Because really, even though he asked about the Tube bombing, he was really thinking, "Eh, Keira Knightly's boobs were too small in it."

January 7, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

You are going to have to review this movie in-depth for me. I was going to see it, but now that I know it's sad, well never mind! But I still want to know what happens so you'll have to sum up the plot for me. While I eat Chickarina soup.

January 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to be an old fuddy-duddy, Random Reality, but I have to recommend the book! Wonderful. But horribly depressing. Sometimes, when you screw up, there's really no way to make amends.

January 7, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Daav said...

Oh how I hate to be inappropriately paraphrased for dramatic effect! I do hope you didn't write like that back when you were a "real" reporter. (ouch!)
But you know, she's right about the boobs.

January 25, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home