free hit counter Snacks, please!: I'm running away

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm running away

Remember the New Year resolutions?

Mission: Accepted.

Auntie Pamela and I have signed onto a cleverly named Couch to 10K program. And, as we approach the conclusion of Week 1, I think we're doing better than Marion Jones. More than once this week, I have kicked off the covers and into low gear.

1) Where are the sidewalks? Is there somebody at the county who handles pedestrian safety? Because they are clearly not doing their job. I have half a mind to write an angry letter to this dingbat...gasp! (David?!)

2) That poor family on Jefferson Street. They probably don't know that their pet hamster has slipped its cage, but I saw it quite clearly scurrying along the edge of their bushes. Poor thing! It's too cold for you outside -- go! Go inside where it's warm!

3) People in north Arlington are lazy lumps of butter. I've met just one of you on the streets before 6:45, and your dog tried to pull my pants down. "Must be the breed," I said (generously). "Oh, you know about the coon hounds?" you asked. "Oh sure. They're very sweet." You nodded, and added, "They're better known for being crazy."

Anyway, so far it's easy. It's only a mile, walking and running, and it's not hard to find 15 minutes in the day to get it done. But next week calls for two miles and... well, that's twice as long. If only I could convince the babies to sleep through the night! That's a whole nother story. But it sure would make it easier to get up in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Go you! I go at lunch... on the treadmill.

Are you sure it's a hamster and not a RAT!!!

January 18, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home