free hit counter Snacks, please!: And no hanky-panky either!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

And no hanky-panky either!

Why can't our newspaper man throw the Post closer to our door? Torn rotator cuff? No Christmas tip? I hate having to put on my slippers and skip down the Exorcist steps to get it -- especially on Saturdays...

It is my shameful obsession: Date Lab is here!!

"First of all, I was impressed that her teeth were all there."

Aaaah! Run girl!

I'd like to make Auntie Pamela do it, but I'd hate to have her spend an hour with somebody who doesn't like it when the menu has a cheese course.

Last week, it was Michael and Bob. The former looks a little sweaty, but Bob says his dream date is, "That out professional who looks great in a suit, better in ripped shorts and loves to cook in and eat ice cream off my belly." Meanwhile Michael says, of Bob, "He's not drop-dead gorgeous, but most people aren't -- and that's a good thing in my book."

I prefer Michael.

While I'm obsessively entering the duo's attributes into a special Excel spreadsheet, David peeks over my shoulder. "Ew! Who'd go out with that guy?" he says. "Which one?" "Michael! He looks gross!" "I'd pick Michael over Bob any day!" I say. "Bob wants a guy in ripped shorts! You'd go out with Bob?!"

"Nooo," he says.

"Well, me either. I pick Bob. You pick Bob too," I conclude.

"I wouldn't go out with either of them. They're gay men."

"You have to pick one," I insist.

"No," he says.

"Yes! Pick one!"

"No!"

"It's just a game..."

"Okay! Okay. I pick Bob!
But there's no second date and you can't make me kiss him!!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that Saturday and said "Team Bob!" Michael seems insecure which is blechy.

January 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

What did you call me the other night?? Cheese Plate? Clearly I'm not meant to be on Date Lab.

I think Bob and David would make a lovely couple, although Bob might not like the fact that David is married, has kids and is straight. Always a crimp in these things.

January 24, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home