free hit counter Snacks, please!: 1, 2, 3...

Thursday, May 14, 2009

1, 2, 3...

Candidate 2.0: A vegetarian.

Candidate 3.0: A dental hygienist.

And seriously, which is worse? We summarily (well, not that summarily) dismissed the veggie, even though she sang! Jogged! Did crafts! Because we do like our meat. At least a few times a week anyway. BACON! We eat bacon every week! The smell fills the house and rousts our current au pair from bed.

And yes, of course, she could have cooked her own food...but it hurts my feelings when people don't eat MY food. And I like it when everybody eats dinner together. Then I can keep my eyes on everything... [We're not CRAZY about meat, okay? This week we will eat salmon, white clam sauce, two-bean pie and pot roast. Technically, because seriously, clams have no rights, people, and salmon only slightly more, that's only one meat dish. But it was pretty meaty. Says Lucy: "I like everything on this plate tonight!"]

But a dental hygienist? David thinks this is not a real reason to reject somebody, but it just screams BOOOORING to me. What kind of 19-year-old aspires to clean people's teeth? I'm probably a big old meat-eating snot (not that big!!), but I like people who are curious about the world. I guess the mouth is like it's own little world, but it's a rather small one. But then again, here she is, wanting to be an au pair in America -- that's inquisitive, isn't it? Ugh. I don't know.

Candidate 3.0: Swiss. Chocolate!

I'm not feeling her. Is that reason enough to move on?

In other news, the twins of mischief stormed into the basement this past weekend and filled Julia's toilet with paper, flushed it, flushed it! flush! flush! flush!! FLUSH! until the water spilled down the hallway, where they retreated, laughing hysterically, until David squished them with the wet-vac.

No, he didn't squish them. What self-restraint.

"Josephine! Do you want a time-out?"

"YESH!"

Says Lucy: "Children are SUPPOSED to be naughty!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>What kind of 19-year-old aspires to clean people's teeth?

I don't know, maybe one that's interested in the human body?

What kind of 19-year-old aspires to learn about babies' lungs? BORING!!!

May 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

aieee! I hate it when I'm caught making no sense! Anon -- of course you're right. I've known tow-truck drivers and tile-layers (well, one of each) who have been a hell of a lot more interesting than me... at least when we're drinking.
So maybe it's not the hygienist thing. (Thank God my dentist cleans my own teeth. Thank God he doesn't read this blog...) But there's still something that I can't identify -- I'm not feeling the love with the Swiss Miss.

May 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

can't you get Julia to stay?

May 15, 2009 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

#2!! I say go vege!

Josephine F's current career goal is to be a dentist. Teeth people are very important. Without them we would all be eating applesauce.

May 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

And Josie's other wisdom- if you put yourself in a time-out, then you can decide when it's over.

May 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home