free hit counter Snacks, please!: Odds and ends (again)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Odds and ends (again)

Really I admire those of you who still read this blog... I know it stinks! I have excuses aplenty, trust me. But eh, those aren't any more interesting than my recipe for stout-braised short ribs.

What? You want to see it?? Trust me, it was a big hit at a wee dinner party we threw in March for a friend moving awaaaaay (and the gay neighbor who never invites us to his pool parties, but taunts us with airborne shouts of water glee. Now I've fed him Italian cookies and short ribs, and expect an invite pronto.) My advice: Serve with colcannon and Guinness, and do it before summer arrives.

Another hit, another night: Carrot cake with Bailey's icing.

Enough of that, you say. What's new with the kiddos?

Josephine is so skinny that she's taken to wearing her stretchy headbands around her waist as belts. I am unconcerned. She also ends every sentence with the word ME, as in, "Mommy, puzzle me!" Margaret is returning to the cardiologist on Friday. No worries!! Earlier tonight, she and Josephine spread pink Dora toothpaste across the bathroom door... I'm not sure whose idea it was, but Margaret was very upset when David yelled at her. Josephine was unruffled.

Speaking of David, his recurring Mafia nightmare has returned -- the one where he's driving around with Christopher Moltisanti, explaining how he really really would like get out of the business, no offense, okay? and Christopher says, "You can never get out." (Fairly certain this must be related to some kind of work anxiety -- and not our marriage. Mwahahaha!)

And speaking of work, I was reading the Faeries book to Lucy last night. Some of it I've quite familiar with, of course -- like the never eat at a Fairy party, no matter how good it looks!!, or you'll be trapped forever and ever and ever in the Fairy Kingdom. (Lucy says: "You should just say, 'No, thank you.' And then you can go home and eat later.") But I wasn't familiar with the Fairy rings, where they do their crazy dances. Very dangerous! If you accidentally fall in, you'll start dancing and dancing and dancing, and you might think you're dancing for just a few minutes, but actually years of your life are passing by!!!

What I'm saying is, this better not be me.

Lucy is putting a sock under her bed to keep away the naughty fairies.

Hmm. So what else?

Oh my God!! I got U2 tickets!! Thanks to my friend Kathryn, who, it must be said, is actually a bigger fan than me and belongs to some Secret Wives of Bono Club where you get access to pre-sale tickets.. I've got two to the show in September. Aiee!!! I wonder if I can find an old Joshua Tree tour t-shirt and wear it... You know, to make sure everybody knows how old I am. Aieee! Bono!!

(I did one of those Facebook quizzes a while back -- which U2 member are you? And I got Larry Mullins, Jr. Ugh. Proof that these quizzes actually can't see into your soul, where I can assure you, I am totally the Edge, thankyouverymuch. Although that Larry Mullins is a cutie, isn't he??)

Other updates:
Preschool: Two in, one still waiting.
Cell phone: Recently replaced.
Rats: Don't ask.
Running: So-so.
Reading: Excellent! Must tell more later.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Shelly C said...

You're still way younger than Bono.
And, forewarned is forearmed when it comes to fairies. They don't make TV PSAs about them, you know.

April 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Lyn said...

Well, the Face Book quiz that I took said I was 'Otis' (the drunk with his own lock up key on the Andy Griffith Show??) and as a mom I am akin to Sharon Osborne!! What the???? I am NO longer spending ALL my free time drilling the Princess on transverse/longitudal/rippling/whatever mechanical waves again. And I still want your kids. Seriously.

April 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

U2- we'll have so much fun! Just like in high school! Lemme know which night so I can put it on my calendar :) (David who?)

April 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You can go with David- I have a ticket!! Lori got me one for a birthday present! But we should take the afternoon off work and goto an Irish restaurant for an early dinner before the concert! Seems like with the price of these tickets, it should be more an event than just the concert!

Oh- and I got a fairy book at the museum today for Lucy at Easter.

April 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Larry Mullen, too on the Facebook quiz. He is CUTE.

--Kathryn

April 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home