free hit counter Snacks, please!: A little wrinkle

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A little wrinkle

Have I mentioned how sad I am about Madeleine L'Engle? (Hopefully sad enough to have spelled her name right...) I LOVED those books, especially A Wrinkle In Time.

You know we named Margaret after my grandmother, but I thought I might like to call her Meg, after Meg Murray. It's a great name! Sadly, I don't think it's going to work. A Meg would not fling herself across the floor for a stray Cheerio. (Would she?) She would not giggle hysterically when her big sister cries. My big Margaret seems too insensible, silly and fat to be a Meg. Of course, I think that's okay. I just need to keep looking for the right name.

7 Comments:

Blogger WriterChickNj said...

I am glad you wrote about this! I was SO sad to hear she died. "A Wrinkle in TIme" actually kind of scared me. But I loved all her other books, about the Austin family and a girl who went to boarding school in Europe.

September 12, 2007 at 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Meggie? Maybe she'll grow into Meg.
I've never read any of those books. Would they make good plane reading?

September 13, 2007 at 5:33 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Oh, yes! They would make great plane reading. And Wrinkle in Time is totally up your alley. I did like the Austin family books too -- but I don't know about this boarding school one? Someone needs to give me a title!

September 13, 2007 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I, for one, often fling muyself on the floor for a stray cheerio...or pastry, more likely.

There's always the fun-loving, giddy, happy "Meg" from Little Women. Oh, wait. She was kinda a dud, wasn't she?

Sigh.

Maggie sounds good.

September 13, 2007 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger email said...

I know a silly chunky Meg. I think that's fine. Maggie is good, too.

September 13, 2007 at 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once made a 2 1/2x 3' model of a museum whose rooms were all dedicated to "A Wrinkle in Time" for a language arts program. I'm not being flip when I say I think it might be the greatest achievement of my academic career.

September 13, 2007 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

"A silly chunky Meg"?!?!

Hey! That's just extra baby weight. It will go away.

Someday.

September 14, 2007 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home