free hit counter Snacks, please!: God speaks to the Worker

Thursday, August 30, 2007

God speaks to the Worker

So, I went back to work yesterday, sat down at my desk, picked up my weekly planner (which was still open to 2/22 and the fateful notation "Tchabo, 10:30") and found this:



It's a sign, isn't it? It's my new life! Balancing work, babies, etc.
I must say, it looks very perilous. But I guess it hasn't toppled yet.

Aside from that, the first day was okay. To sum up: 8: 30 a.m., one iced chai; 12:30 p.m., one v. healthy shrimp wrap (good!) that cost $10.44 (bad!); 3:30 p.m., one creamsicle. Nobody seemed to notice the millk stain that bloomed during an afternoon meeting. Hm. Were they too polite to mention? (No. Can't be that.) Must be the festive dress print! No actual work was accomplished, but I did manage to get my computer up.

Speaking of, it turns out that the office has had a problem with email. So, if you've sent me something recently and not heard back from me, I probably didn't get it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

LOL- half the people in my office have that calendar!
Think of it a 8 hours a day of no crying!

August 31, 2007 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

Yes! I DID send you e-mail. I got the Little Dude baptized and here are some pix:

http://littledudephotos.blogspot.com/

September 3, 2007 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I didn't get them!! But I love them!
Oh, what a cutie...

(Half the people in your office must buy their annual calendars at the 50 percent off sale at B&N in January!)

September 4, 2007 at 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home