free hit counter Snacks, please!: Off to the chapel!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Off to the chapel!!

Oh, we're going to a wedding! A wedding, a wedding!

And now, I launch into one of my favorite Irish songs: There's my sister Jean, she's not handsome, nor good-lookin'! Scarcely 16 and a fellow she is courtin'! Now at 24, with a son and a daughter, here I'm 45 and I've never had an offer. Oh, dear me, how can it be?? That I'll die an old maid in the garret!

Of course, in this particular case, the bride IS handsome and good-looking! And I'm not 45, thank you very much. (And, oh yes, I am married too.) But I continue singing anyway, to my favorite part: There's nothing in the world that would make me so cheery as a wee fat man to call me his own dearie!

Hee.

Anyway, our very good friends got engaged this weekend. (Finally! I feel like I've been waiting forever!!) And seriously, I am giddy. I couldn't fall asleep on Sunday night! So, answer me this: Should every guest get a green-tea martini when they arrive at the reception? Should they enjoy pulled-pork barbecue in small polenta cups (in honor of the groom?) And mini-crabcakes (in honor of the bride?) How about tuna sashimi in cucumber cups? And, most important, how long before I drive the bride crazy? Will it take more than a week before she automatically hits the delete key to my every email with a memo line like this: To consider...

Vietnamese spring rolls!

I do love a wedding. And I do love them too.
(No, not the rolls! I'm talking about the bride and groom...)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bride guarantees that you will be the most helpful person involved when it comes to the food!
Mmmm....spring rolls....

Love,
The Bride

September 4, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

Did Cynthia and Scott get engaged????

September 4, 2007 at 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes,they did.isn't it great.

September 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I think what anonymous meant to say was, "Yes, they did! Isn't it great??!"

September 5, 2007 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

Hurray! I never met Cynthis but Tiggy thinks she is swell. And Scott is from Texas. So that is cool. Hurray! I love Love.

September 7, 2007 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home