free hit counter Snacks, please!: Aaaaah! Babies!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Aaaaah! Babies!

Proof that the babies are getting big:


One of them did this to Lucy-lu's matching card game! I don't know which one (because I don't actually WATCH them every second of the day, okay??! There are, after all, TWO of them!!) I showed it to Lucy and she shook her head sadly: "The babies ate it, Mommy," she said.

And, I think they're trying to crawl!

And then they're going to take over the world!!!

In other news, I took Margaret to the cardiologist today for her six-month checkup. When we arrived, a little yellow-haired guy was negotiating with Dr. Hougen for additional stickers. "This one," he said. "And this one?" he added hopefully. Then, as they walked out the door -- with both stickers, of course -- the doctor called, "See you in two years! Send some pictures!" Oh, two years....I whispered to Margaret, "That's what we want to hear, baby! Two years!"

"Where's Josephine?"

Whaaat? See? Proof that I have too many children. I had no idea that he wanted to see Josephine. What for? I thought all was fine with Josephine's heart! So I had to call the Opie and ask her to run down to the hospital with Josephine. In the meantime, he checked out Margaret and... it was great! The thickening in her heart wall, which was there because of the Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome, is totally gone. And he couldn't hear a trace of her murmur.

"We'll see her in two years," he said.

But that stupid genie outsmarted me again...isn't that always the way? Josephine didn't do quite as well. Her aortic arch is still a wee bit too narrow and she still has a little hole that should have closed about two months ago. It's nothing that puts her in any immediate danger, but she'll be back much sooner.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Margaret's health. That her cardiologist does not need to see her again for that long a period is incredibly good news!

I'm sure Josephine will progress nicely as well.

September 13, 2007 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm constantly amazed at how babies born with so many challenges can come so far--give those sweeties a big squeeze!

September 13, 2007 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

They are amazing!
My little cutie-pies...
Thanks for your good wishes, f & mm.

September 14, 2007 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger V said...

Hey Mary Ellen,

My son goes to Dr. Hougen too! I hope you get the news you hope for with Josephine. My boy ended up having surgery last year (the anniversary is next week!) at 11 months. I spent the whole of last year obsessing about his weight and heart. Now though he's still quite possibly the skinniest boy in our neighborhood.

Great news about Margaret!

September 16, 2007 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Thanks Vickie!
We like Dr. Hougen. (And his office has the BEST toys, by far...) I hope your son is doing well. I am sure you'll be able to fatten him up!

September 17, 2007 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home