free hit counter Snacks, please!: We're famous! We're poor!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We're famous! We're poor!


Hey! Who's that good-looking man?
Weird! He's got the same name as my husband!

Wait a second...

It is my husband!

Yes, that's David in the latest issue of Northern Virginia magazine! Betcha didn't recognize him without his glasses. What a cutie! And compassionate too, as he works to make the world a better place to live... for a paltry local government salary. He offered to get me a framed copy for my desk, but why would I want this strange (albeit very handsome) man looking at me?? I'd never get any work done... OMG! Is he wearing makeup?? Hee. In case you can't see if for yourself, here's the money quote: "I love my job! But I love my wife and three children more."

Ha. In fact, although I KNOW he said that, it must have gotten edited out...

Anyway, it's cool, huh?

This is the salary issue (which is poorly edited, in my semi-qualified opinion. For example: They reveal that Paula Atkinson, hair model, makes $60,000 a year -- but where's the photo? I want to see the hot locks!) One interesting fact: A zamboni driver earns $36,000 a year for his very cool (hee) job. Not bad for a part-time gig. As expected, lawyers make a lot of money. (Dear James: When you are rich, will you take me to Cuba?? Mojitos and coral reefs!!**) Also, I read, Frank Battan, chairman and CEO of Landmark Communications, makes exactly 10,000 times more money than David.

Unfair, I say! (Does he serve the people???)

Other notes of interest:
1) The au pair comes tomorrow! Wish us luck. I hope she's nice. I hope she's nice. I hope she's nice. (Oh, and competent too.)
2) Lucy woke up screaming the night before last. Why? She explained, in the morning, "There was a gorilla in my room and it said, 'I WANT TO EAT YOU!' and I said, "NOOO! NO GORILLA! DON'T EAT ME!" and it said, "BUT I WANT TO EAT YOU!" and then I said, "NO GORILLA!" and then, she concluded, the gorilla went away. So, last night, David told her, "No crying tonight!" And she said, "But I have to!" Why??? "Because you won't sleep with me and Mommy won't sleep with me, so I just have to cry."
3) The babies like peas!

** Many years ago, I was asked to go to Cuba, but I said no.
1) I had a boyfriend and I suspected this was a romantic invitation. But maybe not. I shall not flatter myself.
2) The invitee was technically a source, although not a very valuable one. We used to go for too many drinks and I could never remember what he told me.
3) Down with Castro!

4 Comments:

Blogger Daav said...

You're so nice to me, sweetheart. You can be my publicist any day. You make me sound so much better than I really am. I love you!

August 16, 2007 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

That's poor??? Come on over to real nonprofits and we'll show you poor!

August 20, 2007 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I knew somebody would say that! But Pamela, I don't have any salary right now -- and we have three children! And a mortage in Northern Virginia! And daycare! (I could go on...) I like to eat fish!

August 20, 2007 at 2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, we want a copy for our "celebrities we know because they're us" fridge!

And even worse than you cozying up to a source who was handing out free drinks and Cuba trips was me glomming onto your gravy train to score free bouillabaisse and cocktails at Spoto's! Muwahaha!

August 21, 2007 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home