free hit counter Snacks, please!: The lunchtime of my discontent

Friday, August 17, 2007

The lunchtime of my discontent

So, I was dialing a very good friend of mine and former colleague, etc., to congratulate him yesterday on his fantastic new job at the Boston Globe, when my littlest bunny peed on me. Maybe her diaper slipped? I don't know. It happens. The point is, here he is, getting a great new job that he very much deserves, at my favorite newspaper in America, and here I am, washing baby pee out of my running shorts (which I don't actually run in.)

Sigh. I fear this is a metaphor for my life.

Moving on...(which, trust me, I'm not.)

I have become obsessed with Lucy's lunches. I bought these very cute melamine compartment trays at Target last week and they've become like my personal Cornell boxes. The following is not my best composition (lacks color, no?), but it's what she ate today. Those little grapes are called champagne grapes -- awesome, and on sale this week at Safeway! And, yes, those are white chocolate M&Ms. Everybody likes a little treat... She eats those first.

4 Comments:

Blogger WriterChickNj said...

Who got the job????
Little Dude screams when I am on the phone, then throws himself around my legs and clings, while he wails. This happened once or twice while I was trying to contact a telephone interview with a source for a freelance story.

August 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You so need to get back to work! When lunch becomes your creative outlet (I want to try those champagne grapes! They look cute!)

August 20, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

It was Noah!
You need to wait until naptime for interviews... although I remember interviewing a very nice speech therapist from California while Lucy was awake. To keep her quiet, I gave her a whole half-pound of salami and she placed every single slice on our filthy hardwood floor.

August 20, 2007 at 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, it's only a matter of time before someone's peeing on Noah's leg at the Globe. They're so competitive there. ;-)

And I think your lunch art would give Cornell a run for his money.

August 21, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home