free hit counter Snacks, please!: Personal Challenge #1

Friday, May 22, 2009

Personal Challenge #1

Months ago, I told David, "This is the summer that I do not buy a bathing suit from Lands End!" This is the summer, I promised, that I would actually go into a store, a real store! And TRY ONE ON.

Nothing against Lands End bathing suits. I've been at the hippy pool in Hyattsville with mommy friends who rock those halter tops, baby. But, you know, the virtual model is only so good.

Actually, my virtual model is quite good.


But why does she look so... roundish?

Anyway, as with most personal challenges where I do the judging, I can cross this one off. Done! Good job! I have not bought a bathing suit from Lands End...

I bought one from athleta.com instead! And I swear, it's going to be completely different! In terms of aspirational internet buying, I feel like I've hit the jackpot. (Which will be handy since Athleta's suits are twice as expensive...) These ladies surf! They wear ponytails and yoga prints! They probably don't go to the regional park with a backpack full of mini-Ritz that they try desperately to hide from the teenager lifeguard.

See?



A much preferred likeness, I say.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Liz and I were looking at those covetously. We agreed we had other bathing suits that needed waring before we could justify the price.

May 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger What A Card said...

Very nice! Though, you know Sears carries Lands End now, so you don't have to order it. Of course, the thought of dragging kids along for a bathing suit try-on session makes me glad I'm pregnant this summer and not worrying about the whole bathing suit issue...I'll just avoid the water ;)

May 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Athleta bathing suits rock! Extra points for the architectural-ish underpinings for the top heavy post-nursing--but still tres athletic--moms. But they've been bought by Gap and their sale section disappeared!! Egads.

May 26, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to athleta.gap.com and you'll find the sale (in the left navigation bar at the bottom of each category) plus all the benefits of being on the gap site.

May 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home