free hit counter Snacks, please!: On Thin Ice

Thursday, January 8, 2009

On Thin Ice

So, what with the beautiful weather here today -- all chilly and bright like a Thomas Kinkaid painting -- my colleague and I decided to sneak out of the office and go ice-skating.

(Wait a second...who reads this blog?? Some of you should understand that this ice-skating stuff is obviously a metaphor. By "ice-skating," I mean sit at my desk and move my mouse around its pad in wide graceful circles. oh! Triple-axel Google search!)

Anyhoo, off we went to the skating rink on the Mall, past the new bleachers for the fabulous Inauguration that I am afraid to attend. (One port-o-potty for every 3,000 visitors?? Ha! I've had three children -- I can't hold it for that long!!) We lace up, do a few laps, and then... who shows up?

The evening news.

Thank God I've just been sitting at my desk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH THAT IS PRICELESS!! Only in your life, Mary Ellen. LOL!

January 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately, the evening news left too soon to catch me flopping on my rear--ever try that on a mouse pad?

January 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home