free hit counter Snacks, please!: A Girl and Her Butter

Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Girl and Her Butter


This is not a story about me, although it's true that I really do like butter, especially now that we get it delivered from the farmer. Oh butter! You are so good and creamy and salty!

This crazy book that I've been reading, off and on for a whole year now, called Real Food, encourages people to buy REAL BUTTER. Not crappy yellow-tinted margarine or fuzzy spray stuff. The author swears it won't make you fat. (And this might be true -- because I've been eating it for a year now and I'm not any fatter.) And she also claims it prevents cancer. (Which might also be true, because hey, I don't have cancer either!) (Thank God.)

Anyhoo, this is actually a love story about Margaret. And her butter.

I think it's best told through pictures...*






"You can't take it away from me!"

*Note our horrible kitchen floor. I really do want to replace it ASAP, but I'm glad I haven't yet... since you might also see Josephine's signature in ballpoint pen on the lino.

4 Comments:

Blogger What A Card said...

Mmmm, butter! I love butter, that could be me in those pictures.

Now you just need to make butter with your girls. Fun and delicious!

December 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the elbow going into the butter. It's just not the same without a little violet fuzz on top.

December 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

I love butter too. I think you eat less of fats like that if they are real. However, since your daughter's face and sweater are both in the butter, I think I shall pass on the buttered toast when I come to visit.

December 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos!!!

December 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home