free hit counter Snacks, please!: A good cause

Friday, February 29, 2008

A good cause

Dear four faithful readers,

This is my niece Mollie.


(It's hard to tell here -- but all of the girls actually love her. Really!)

She is not selling Samoas, sorry. But she is raising money for the March of Dimes. Basically, how it works is, her sponsors promise to give a specific amount of money for each book that she reads. (She expects to read 10 or 15.)

March of Dimes is not Jerry Lewis' personal pension fund! It aims to prevent prematurity and birth defects. I will not give you my own tale of woe because, frankly, it's not really so very affecting -- compared to this. If the sight of Simone's sealed eyes and sparrow legs don't move you, well... you are a bit out of touch with your feelings.

Anyhoo, if the four of you are so inclined, let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a buck a book?

I assume you or David will let me know how much I owe.

February 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger WriterChickNj said...

Mollie looks just like you! A mini-Mary Ellen!

March 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home