free hit counter Snacks, please!: Three months old!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three months old!!

Can you believe it??!

And what have we learned so far:

1) The three original Haagen-Dazs flavors were vanilla, chocolate and coffee.

2) Breastmilk makes a perfectly adequate substitute for holy water, if you need to baptize in a pinch...and, of course, if you believe in that sort of thing...

3) Sometimes, somebody just has to cry. If I were Curious George, who can flip pancakes with his hands and feet then maybe it would be easier. Sadly, I am no monkey.

4) We have really, really great friends! You all have mopped our floors, washed our clothes, played with our girls, and cooked us lunch and dinner. And my mother, who did all of the above, plus midnight and 6 am feedings, is a saint. My sisters aren't too bad either. Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

5) Healthcare in America is terminally ill. It is chaos. It needs to be fixed. I mean, really, I wouldn't leave Josephine alone in one of the nation's "best" hospitals for more than 10 minutes. And who do I hold responsible for sending us there? Yes, our insurance company. Vote for John Edwards! (Or Chris Dodd, who used to campaign in my father's bar, back in the day. You know he used to date Bianca Jagger!)

6) Baby smiles!! A better high than crack, not that I'd know anything about that. But certainly lots better than whatever's on tap.

7) Getting your groceries delivered is a really good way to spend $10. And, if anybody is interested in doing the same, I have three $20 Peapod coupons to give to friends. I think you have to order $50 worth of food to use them.

8) It is not possible, no matter what they say on the website, to wear two babies in criss-crossed slings. But it is possible to weigh your babies at the post office.

9) In the time it takes to walk off three baby pounds, a team of men can put a very nice second story on one of Arlington's ranch houses.

10) What else? When people offer help, it's best to say yes. Four hours of sleep is not enough. An ounce a day is excellent weight gain. Dawn is a lovely time of day. There's a lot of crap on the internet. Dessert is the best part of any hospital meal. There's something nice about a Mass card. And there's nothing sweeter than a 2-year-old patting her crying baby sister's head and saying, "I know, I know."

And, finally, we're pretty damn lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home