free hit counter Snacks, please!: Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

We took a Mother's Day trip to the zoo on Sunday to see the elephant take his bath. "He doesn't like it," Lucy said. "He doesn't like water on his tushie!" Lucy ate French fries out of a plastic cheetah head and I hoped to see the giant octopus eat something -- anything!! Maybe next time.

At school, Lucy and her friends put together a Mommy bulletin board. Somebody (who would do this??) gave their teacher a photo of me -- looking very bad in a sleeveless hippy shirt with my bra strap hanging out. (It can't have been Lucy. She's very particular about her look, rejecting THREE outfits this morning before settling on a new Winnie-The-Poor cherry-print dress and hot pink socks.) Anyway, each child had to say something about their mommies for the board. My favorites: "My mommy is beautiful!" or "My mommy keeps me warm!"

If asked, I would have suggested to Lucy -- "My mommy reads me books and always says the biggest animal is named Lucy!" or "My mommy holds my hand when I fall asleep," or even, "My mommy always takes the olives out of her salad and gives them to me!"

But here is what she said instead: "My mommy plays tricks."

In other mommy news, Josephine gained a whole pound last week! woo-hoo, Josephine! She weighs 8 pounds now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's better than "My mommy turns tricks."

May 15, 2007 at 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom tells me I once filled out a Mother's Day card at school and for the item "When I am good, my mom [fill in the blank]" I wrote "feeds me."

May 16, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home