free hit counter Snacks, please!: Naughty baby!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Naughty baby!

Last night, right before my very eyes, Lucy's baby doll reached out and smacked her on the shoulder. "Ow, Baby!" Lucy yelled. "You hit me! Naughty, naughty, baby, NO HITTING!" It was crazy! One moment, Baby was resting in her arms. The next, she was swinging wildly at poor Lulu. Of course, this can't be allowed. Lucy plunked her down on a desk chair and announced, "TIME OUT, BABY!!"

(I swear to you, I do not speak to her like this. Maybe I should! My sister, the psychology professor, says there are three widely recognized parenting styles: Authoritarian (that would be Lulu...), authoritative (oh, how I'd like to be...) and permissive. I will not comment on this any further.)

In other Lucy news, we were driving back from the diner with the visiting aunties when Lucy decided to call me Mimi, instead of Mommy. I said, "How about if we call Margaret Mimi instead, as a short name. Like Lulu."
"NO!"
"Okay...what do you want to call her then?"
"Her name be Alice."
"Alice! I was thinking more of Maggie. Or Meg. Or Peggy."
"NO!"
"What about Josephine? Do you like Jojo? Josie? Fifi?"
"No. Hannah."

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Both myself and the hairdresser who is willing to make house calls would vote: FIFI and PEGGIE!

May 18, 2007 at 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my Great Aunt Margaret went by "Honey," though I myself favor Meg and Jojo.

May 21, 2007 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Oh, I love Honey! Like Trixie Belden's best friend. But I have a whole lot of honeys in my life. Would be chaos!!
How about Bunny?!

May 22, 2007 at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home