free hit counter Snacks, please!: Alas, fair Rowena

Friday, May 18, 2007

Alas, fair Rowena

On Thursday, a bookclub friend nominated Ivanhoe as our summer novel. On Friday, she suddenly died. She was a very, very, very nice person, with a home that I envied and a great chicken couscous salad recipe. Truth be told, I admired her for suggesting Ivanhoe, but there was no way that I as going to vote for it! (And I'm not above dismissing any suggestion to honor her memory with a dedicated read.) Still, in lieu of attending her memorial service today, I offer this quote about the life everlasting:
"What remains?" cried Ivanhoe; "Glory, maiden, glory! which guilds our sepulchre and embalms our name."

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

AH, but popular interest is moving towards Ivanhoe! Or that 1200 page book. There must be some way we can fix it. What's the good of collecting votes if you can't fix it?
The memorial service was wonderful. I sobbed and told all her friends and family things I shouldn't have in my speech. What are friends for?

May 18, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home