free hit counter Snacks, please!: While we were gone...

Friday, October 17, 2008

While we were gone...

The other day, Lucy said to me, "While you were away, Gigi was very very nice. She gave me strawberry milk whenever I wanted it." Pause. "That was very very nice."

"I'm sure it was," I said.

"Yes. It was. Very, very nice," she wistfully agreed.

With that, I began to sense that our trip was more sweet than sour for the girlies. Then, this morning, Gigi herself, also known as Ma, called. "I forgot to tell you! I know what the girls really really like to eat!"

"What's that?"

"Pound cake! You cut it into cubes and top each cube with a squirt of whipped cream. Just pop it into their mouths! They love it!"

"I'm sure they do!"

"Yes! They do. They really really do," she agreed.

In the meantime, Josephine has broken another cell phone! She threw mine on the floor last night in a fit of pique. "Harooo? Harroo?" "Goddamnit! Nobody's there! Stupid useless phone. Eh. Give me those scissors instead please."

4 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

since your mom doesn't read this, I guess I shouldn't add meatballs to the list of things she puts whipped cream on before feeding to babies?

They definitely ate quite a bit while you were gone, but mainly because she wouldn't let them leave the table until they were done. That and whipped cream or spray cheese on almost everything.

October 18, 2008 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Non-Offending Parent said...

So I take it that Josephine may have gained a bit of weight?
Jennifer

October 19, 2008 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh! How about whipped cream ON spray cheese. I'm sure that'd be a hit!!

October 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Pamela -- of course my mother reads this! When she gets over to my sister's house and can use her computer...
Not sure if Josephinie has gained weight or not. That would be nice! She has a weight-check appointment next month.
Meg -- Control yourself! You sound like some kind of nutso vegetarian. ;)

October 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home