free hit counter Snacks, please!: And another thing

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And another thing

I'm completely amused by the Safeway flyer this week, which purports to be advertising the kind of things that one should buy for Mother's Day. For example: Lobster tails at $9.99 per lb. (Yummy!) Or Fannie May Chocolate Assortments, buy one, get one free! But what's this? A big bottle of Aleve? Hmm... Well, I suppose it's true that motherhood is sometimes a headache, but I'm hardly looking forward to opening non-prescription drugs on Sunday. A pineapple ($3.99!) would be better.

1 Comments:

Blogger What A Card said...

Chocolates buy one get one free? Why, so that you have a free one to give to your OTHER wife? Okay, fine maybe one for the guy's wife and one for the guy's mom, but still, the initial thought is that's just skeevy and seems to been unconsciously encouraging plural marriages.

Or, maybe I should send my husband out to buy me TWO boxes of chocolates. Yeah, that's the solution!

May 8, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home