free hit counter Snacks, please!: I'm waiting for my directions too.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm waiting for my directions too.

Last night, after Lucy's ballet recital(!), we went out for Chinese food. She perched very gracefully, hot pink tutu spilling across her seat, and announced, "I am sitting quietly and waiting for my directions."

"Your directions?"

"Yes, my directions," she repeated.

"Well," I said (baffled). "You're doing a very good job of sitting quietly in the restaurant. Why don't you keep doing that?"

Minutes later, very sadly, "I am still waiting for my directions!"

"What does that mean, Lulu? What kind of directions???"

"My soup!"

"Ohhhh, you're waiting for your order."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to have some directions for hot, fresh naan bread. That would be heavenly now.

April 29, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What happened to the snarky work stories on this thing? And nothing about the parking situation, please...

May 4, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home