free hit counter Snacks, please!: Running on

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Running on

Thanks for all the music suggestions. Keep 'em coming... Aside from the fact that the left "bud" keeps falling out -- my ear isn't appropriately shaped like a lily?? -- the iPod has worked really well. Not so much of that, "Is it a mile yet? It must be a mile. What if it's not a mile yet?? This sucks... It must be a mile now."

For example: Oasis. "I'll start a revolution from my bed." A clear reference to John Lennon, no? They were brilliant! But self-destructive. Hm. Compare and contrast to behavior in recent staff meetings.

ZZ Top: What the hell are they saying? Very much like staff meetings!

Britney: Is she really pregnant for a third time? "Oops! I did it again," has become a remarkably prescient personal anthem. Hm. Maybe I need an anthem. Oh! Oh! Dixie Chicken is up! Heehee. That is not my personal anthem.

And, when all else falls, there's always my favorite running game: "Rat or Chipmunk?" I can keep myself going for a good quarter-mile with questions like these: "Was its tail up? Think, think! Tail up? Oh, I can't remember. But I think it was grayish. Was it? Yes! Definitely grayish. Or brownish maybe."

We're up to three miles! And we've signed up for the "Scope It Out!" 5K to benefit... colon cancer, of course. I can't wait to get the T-shirt!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Slacker Mom said...

I hear Brit's new song (Piece of Me) about 10 times a night on Tuesdays- it's a sad sad song considering the state of her life. Whatever happened to the girl I used to jam out to in the tanning bed while skipping class and/or avoiding homework?

March 8, 2008 at 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great new magazine contest: which popular song best channels a staff meeting?!

March 10, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home