free hit counter Snacks, please!: Escape from Witch Mountain!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Escape from Witch Mountain!

The other night, I was making dinner in the kitchen -- baked fish for everybody over 2. (I had no idea that babies weren't supposed to eat fish until I made that uh-oh face in the pediatrician's office last week... She said, "You already fed them fish??" Glumly, I said yes, I feed them whatever they'll eat...) Anyway, the babies were playing in the family room, a few feet away.

First I heard the back door quietly close.

And then I heard Margaret SCREEEEAM!

So I quick ran like a bunny into the room, thinking that she must have jostled the door open a tad and smushed her little fingers in the crack, but no -- she was just sitting there. Alone!! Somehow, Josephine had actually opened the door and crawled outside to the deck, where she was sitting, also alone, surveying our messy backyard.

Aigh! She's a sneaky one, that little baby!

Conclusion: I told my father this story last night and he said, "And Margaret sounded the alarm! Wow! She knew it wasn't a good thing that Josephine had done." Ha. I don't think so. I think she was outraged that Josephine had managed to escape, while she -- the big baby! -- was stuck on the wrong side of the door!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not met the dear Misses Margaret and Josephine in person, but from reading your blog, I would have come to the same conclusion as you.
Maybe you should put bells on Josephine.

March 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home