free hit counter Snacks, please!: Happy birthday to me!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy birthday to me!

We're off to Restaurant Eve tonight! Oh, how exciting! I made the reservations (yes, I did) nearly two months ago... Hopefully we'll actually make it. The last time we considered Chef Cathal Armstrong's menu, Josephine ended up in the hospital and I ended up eating lime jello instead.

To consider: Monkfish liver with braised baby leeks and Iranian osetra.

Just kidding!

More likely: Sweet butter poached Maine lobster with heirloom carrots, ginger and micro-cilantro. (No matter what the pita people say, I am convinced that the dying gasps of a lobster should be butter.)

A definite: Cheese course!

The "mixologist" here is very well known. How about this? A Lemony Laurel: Roasted lemons, bay leaves, Galliano and Smirnoff citrus vodka. Yum, yummy. But I'm also sorely tempted by Eamonn's Cocktail: Yuzu, Irish red lemonade and Powers Irish whiskey.

This is the whiskey time of year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

December 7, 2007 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

What's the report? And what did you wear?

You should have gone upstairs afterwards to PX. One of the best bars in town- and they have the same mixologist!

December 10, 2007 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

As if I could stay up that late!
More on dinner in a minute...

December 10, 2007 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home