free hit counter Snacks, please!: X minus 20

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

X minus 20


The tree is up!

Since Sunday, when we officially decorated, Lucy has been making over the tree like a little Tim Gunn. She picks off a gold leaf, tilts her head and says, "Um. I think..here," and hangs it carefully on a branch at least six inches above her head. Margaret and Josephine sit spellbound. For you, she says generously, handing them Hindu horses and Santa pants to toss around.

Call me green and wrinkly, but I don't think the babies need ANY Christmas presents. We have plenty of toys from China for them to gnaw. But Lucy! Of course she needs more stuff. So far, we have just one toy stashed in the closet. The ever-fun Elefun. See?


No educational value!

But I am tempted by this:


Seriously, I think she would love to take our orders and give us French fries. I know, I know...I read Fast Food Nation and I am also horrified by the scent labs of New Jersey. But she already has a doctor kit. And I think, because, you know, we're all SMART here, that it's, well, almost IRONIC. (If we were really poor and we actually ate at McDonald's every week, then it would be a little horrifying.)

Truth is, I'm not so much about the Leapfrog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Is that Gumby atop your tree?

December 5, 2007 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

That is our homage to Blue the Cat!

December 6, 2007 at 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, it looks like Gumby to me.

December 6, 2007 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

No Mcdonalds! I think that is called "lowering expectations"

What about some fashion designer thing? Or... ballet stuff! I can provide you with plenty of links!

December 10, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home