free hit counter Snacks, please!: The Latest Theory

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Latest Theory

Okay, Day 10 in the hospital:

Today, we learned that part of Josephine's right lung has collapsed. Her chest X-ray clearly shows it (according to the fourth attending physician to assume her care.) And yes, that would be the same X-ray that she got on Friday, which was used then as evidence of bacterial pneumonia.

My question to the doctor: So, okay.... does this mean she doesn't have pneumonia?
Answer: Well, we can't say for sure. It's possible. In any case, the antibiotics can't hurt.
(Read: Hey, mommy, don't get mad at us!)

I like Georgetown, in theory, but not very much in practice.

With all that, I still think she's doing better. Today, when she was awake, she didn't need the oxygen at all. (When she slept, her oxygen saturation levels dipped to low. Bells went off. I lost my nerve and turned it on myself!) Even more significantly, she drank more milk than she's had in two weeks, and I got a smile!

Anyway, I'm just sick of the whole thing. (The latest attending physician came in today, explained the whole chest thing, blah-blah, and said "Oh, you know everybody has been saying how nice you are! Considering how long you've had to stay..." And I said, "Yeah, ha. I'm not actually that nice anymore.")

In other news, I read Pete Hamill's essay about his friend Mike Tyson in prison (yes, it's an old one) and he clearly thinks Mike got a raw deal. Among the evidence of wrongful conviction, he cites the fact that Desiree Washington removed her pantyliner in Mike's bathroom. I tell you what -- I think that's crap.

What else? Last night Josephine and I ate chocolate pudding and watched a bit of live videocam from Georgetown's chapel, but then we switched to an even more uplifting movie about four suburban 70s boys on a pilgrimage to a KISS concert.

Hmm, Gene Simmons or Jesus?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's beautiful! i'm rooting for you both.

April 30, 2007 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Etc -- thank you!

May 1, 2007 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alternate options Sedition II, [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#512]north face outlet store[/URL] is really gentle to the skin for a smooth spend should be however nobody recorded getting wet. Constructed from Gore-Tex? Gentle Covering stretch 3L having micro-check fleece coat backer, this one failed to keep the wind power out also but it seemed to be the more workable of the two males jackets. If [URL=http://www.thenorthfaceoutletstores.net/#590]north face jackets clearance[/URL] may appear like I'm gushing, I guess I am.

December 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The North Encounter Advancement Triclima is created from a [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1151]north face outlet store[/URL] resources which is windproof. The seams are specially sealed to maintain out ho and wind. The front zip offers a distinctive flap which can be fitted with a Velcro fastener and in addition it has Velcro-adjustable cuffs.N . Confront jackets are lightweight and are generally slice right into a [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1062]north face outlet online[/URL] shape which makes them experience fairly at ease.

January 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home