free hit counter Snacks, please!: Please pass the cold comedy

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Please pass the cold comedy

Dinner conversation at our house:

Lucy belches over our cracker-encrusted cod and giggles.

"My burp," Margaret announces.

Lucy's head whips up. "No! My burp!" she corrects.

"No, my burp," Margaret cheerfully disagrees.

"NO! My burp!" Lucy insists, a little outraged.

"NO! MY BURP!" Margaret shouts.

"Noooooo! MY BURP!" Lucy cries.

"No. No. My. Burp." Margaret crows.

"MYYYY BURRRP, MargaRET!" Lucy screeches, tears forming.

"MYYYY BURRRRRRRP!" Margaret yells back.

"Mommmmy!" Lucy wails.

"Lulu! Why do you listen to her? She's 2 years old and she's crazy!"

"Weeeelll," she sniffs.

Recovering, Lucy shouts back, "You are not invited to my birthday party!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, the girls want to OWN the burp? Or top it?

March 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home