free hit counter Snacks, please!: Barbie, would you like some cheese?

Friday, August 22, 2008

Barbie, would you like some cheese?

Dr. Lucy got her first real Barbie doll this week, a gift from, of all people, her preschool teacher! (Good God, what are they teaching her there?? I shouldn't be surprised. This is, after all, the same place that refuses to recognize BOTH of her last names.)

Anyway, our conversation went like this:

Me: I think Barbie is tooooo skinny.

Dr. Lucy: No she's not!

Me: Oh yeah? I don't think she eats enough.

Dr. Lucy: Yes she does!

Me: What does she eat??

Dr. Lucy: Hmm.... carrots.

Me: Carrots? Anything else?

Dr. Lucy: Carrots!

Me: Yes, I know she eats carrots. Anything else?

Dr Lucy: .... and mushrooms. She eats mushrooms too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryter said...

Heee... I KNEW there was a reason for that waistline. My Princess got many Barbies as gifts when she came home from her Russian orphanage. I was confused to find them stuffed under her bed. She has NEVER liked dolls because they 'stare at her all the time.' LOL

August 22, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger What A Card said...

This is so weird, one of my friend's day care providers got her daughter a Barbie. Who knew it was such a popular gift?

Have you ever seen the Barbie Loves Elmo one? That's the one my friend's daughter had. We spent a ridiculous amount of time heckling it. Far more than any group of grown women should spend on Barbie. It was so fun, and of course I ran home and blogged about it :) Ah, good times.

Is Barbie a carrot and mushroom-atarian? Maybe that's the key to developing tremendous...attributes :)

August 26, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home