free hit counter Snacks, please!: One Long Island Iced Tea, please.

Monday, August 18, 2008

One Long Island Iced Tea, please.

I was reading the drink menu at Cafe Luna the other day and it offered, "Our take on the once-sophisticated Cosmopolitan..." Whaa?! Note to self: Do not order the Cosmo! You will appear to be a 36-year-old mother of three who hums Sweet Caroline to herself and reminisces about the Irish Times circa 1992.

Anyhoo, I got out of the house again on Sunday (two days in a row! good god!) and went to this place with the masochistic classics book club. (War & Peace: Page 512. Still not bad.) Again with the cocktail menu...what's this? Muddled sage leaves? Auntie Pamela scoffs. You don't know?? Public service announcement to the other old ladies: Sage leaves are the latest thing.

And I found out just in time, as our 14-year-old natural-gas fueled air-conditioning unit has totally crapped out, leaking fluid like a poisoned rat (not that we've seen much of those around here lately. Alas.)

The new unit: $5,800.

Oh, waiter?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear God--$5,800?? All I can say is it's a good think you drink.

August 19, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Ryter said...

Oh man......I feel for you. Our fridge and oven are getting up there in age....and creaks....and hard to close doors......sigh. And I have no clue what a Long Island Tea or Cosmo even taste like. TRIPLE sigh.

August 20, 2008 at 5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a another "old" lady of 36 years, I had my first mojito the other night. I was not impressed. And I don't like sage either!

August 20, 2008 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

LOL- I was gonna scoff at not knowing the Cosmo is over- they declared it gone when Sex & the city was still a tv show. Doesn't make it any less yummy.

$5800??? So, kind of hot in the house these days? Summer's almost over

August 21, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home