free hit counter Snacks, please!: Uncle Teddy

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Uncle Teddy

I think I'm upset beyond reason about Ted Kennedy. I'm not sure why, but it probably has something to do with my personal obsession with all things Kennedy, his decades of public service, especially to the poor, and maybe that he looks like somebody I could be related to, except for the big head.

And this cyclone! What's going on in the world? I was listening to somebody from Save Our Children on NPR the other day, talking about all the little babies whose mothers have been killed. The babies can't drink formula, because the water is compromised, so aid workers are looking for wet nurses. (If I had any in the freezer...) But how likely is that to happen??

My old friend Reg Aignon has a list of good places to give money at his blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 1996, I sat directly behind Ted Kennedy on the floor of the House for a speech by the then-president of Ireland. (Little-known secret: they use interns as seat fillers.) I kept showing up in reaction shots on C-SPAN, mainly because I was sitting behind Ted Kennedy, but also probably because I have red hair and look Irish. But really the whole time I was ignoring the president of Ireland and marveling at the topography of Kennedy's face. Brother has done some living.

May 22, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When he was first elected, it was only because one of his brother was the president, another was AG, and the family had a machine. It was a joke that he was elected.

But then he turned out to be really good at the job. I'm not quite sure what that means. Anybody can do any job? No, that's not right.

But a lot of people who are well "qualified" to be senators aren't half as good (I don't mean doing the right thing, I mean skilled at getting it done) as this guy.

May 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Jim has the exact same size head as Teddy

June 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home