free hit counter Snacks, please!: Odds and Ends

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Odds and Ends

I think Margaret said Daddy on Sunday night. Clear as a bell! But, since then, she hasn't made any sense at all! Just now, she was standing in her crib, furiously shaking the bars, yelling, "Hi-ja! Ja! Hiee! Ga-nanana, AaaaAA!" Oh Margaret. I have no idea what you're talking about, but it's time for bed!

Poor Margaret. When I picked her up, she threw up on me. (Poor me!)

She's also got the hang of waving good-bye. And she does this funny thing where she tips her head to the side -- waits for you to do the same -- and then leads you to the other side, and back and again.

Josephine says she can walk too! One step, twoooo steps, and then... she topples forward, with an excited shout, pretty darn confident that someone is going to catch her. (Someone does.) She didn't like tonight's refried beans nearly as much as Margaret, but she did like her melon, which came to her all the way from the fields of Chile. (Sorry Kingsolver...) Lately she's been playing a little game where she climbs onto my lap -- hello Josephine the Goat! -- and then tilts her head back, exposing her skinny little neck. Oh, what a target! I can not resist! Kiss-kiss! Yum yum! Giggle, giggle, shrieeek!

The two of them are so busy these days! Walking, talking, making dinner. Oh wait. No, that's me. I make dinner. Every night.

This morning Lucy said to David, "You don't know stuff. You're a Daddy." Hysterical! But not especially... nice. Where did she get this idea??

I've sold my breast pump. This doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any more babies in the house, but it certainly means I will not be using this breast pump. Wheeeeze, wheeze, buy-bye! ("Whaaa?!" you exclaim. "More babies?! You don't have enough already??" Good grief. Calm down already. Probably three is enough. Probably.... ;)

We're up to four miles! Woo-hoo! And I have Bon Jovi to thank for it all. We'll never say good bye. Next week, Pamela and I will go back down to three and then we've got the Scope It Out! 5K a week after Easter. I'm hoping that somebody will reward us with challah French toast and crispy bacon at the local diner afterward... hint! hint!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The child said Daddy, no mistaking it. I think I got whiplash cranking my head around so quickly.

March 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

"Sorry Kingsolver" just about made me squeal! LOL!!

March 20, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

But she only gets points if she says it in context. Looking at the cat and saying daddy... no

Oh! Like the french toast idea! Guess I should go run. Although my doritos lunch is sitting unhappily.

March 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home