free hit counter Snacks, please!: Food Haiku

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Food Haiku

After a very lovely dinner last night at Michel Richard's Central, I am moved to poetry:

Oh, chocolate mousse!
Like cocoa clouds above,
I must eat it all.

So, here's the deal. If somebody said to me, I'll give you a free bag of Richard's cheesy puffs, but you have to wear big woolly mittens all day, I'd do it. I don't really need my fingers (except, you know, to work...)

This past Sunday, the WaPo's food critic released his annual Top 50 restaurants list and Central was on it. In all, I had been to 11 of them, often on Restaurant Week prices. This is not bad, considering I NEVER GO OUT. But, of course, when I do, I plan carefully (and wear my new brown boots.)

Anyway, I know this is becoming my second "on-writing" post in a row, which is not nearly as interesting as, say, my babies... but I must say I do like Tom Sietsam's style. He writes about BlackSalt's menu (on my list!): "The last time I had such difficulty coming to a decision was at Baskin-Robbins."

Good line!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home