free hit counter Snacks, please!: Babies on the move

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Babies on the move

So Margaret has become quite an agile little thing (for one so...pleasantly round.) She steamrolls over Josephine, sits herself up by Lucy's secret stash of stickers, drink umbrellas, and glitter pens --- and dumps them all on the floor with a throaty chuckle. "Heeeeh, heh, heh," she says. (Really. That's how she talks.)

And this is what Lucy says:
"No! Margaret Baby Monster!"

Meanwhile, Josephine is catching on. Her crawl still has a weird hop to it. (Possible nickname: Bunny?) And she doesn't much like to be left alone, sitting up. She squeals, "Eeeee!", until you return and hold her hand. Like her mother, she devours The Washington Post, National Geographic, and Arrowroot biscuits.



Possible nickname: Cookie?

Interesting sidenote: My mother tells me that I loved cookies so much when I was a baby that she sometimes would make me crushed cookies and milk for dinner...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Josephine! Frame it for the Sweet Sixteen party.

My granddaughter never learned to crawl right, either--she always kept one knee off the ground--so I worried a little that she might walk strangely, too, but no.

October 2, 2007 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

They're crawling?! (did I miss that announcement in trying to catch up a few weeks?) I must visit! We'll stroll down to Baskin robbins- you know Margaret can do it knowing there's ice cream at the end!

Sadly, those of us without cable are lost on the Brett Michaels. But hopefully CeCe comes to join. He's wild

October 3, 2007 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home