free hit counter Snacks, please!: Drinking the Kool-Aid

Friday, June 15, 2007

Drinking the Kool-Aid


We were back at the hospital today for Josephine's crazy radioactive milk test. When we showed up, the lovely receptionist gave us all sorts of forms and said apologetically, "Well, I assume she's never been to radiology before..." Ha! I wish! This was actually her sixth trip to radiology -- two head ultrasounds, one spinal ultrasound, and two chest X-rays. (Not to mention the x-ray at Georgetown...but who's counting?)

Anyway, she drank their wacky milk without complaint, although I felt a little uncomfortable when she started to glow. I am kidding... She was a champ. She fell asleep on the machine, leaving Margaret and I entranced by the show on the computer screen. It was like that shooting star screensaver -- all these little glowing particles emanating from her tiny tummy. We'll get the results next week.

In other news, I lost my mind and bought another dress for this weekend's bar mitzvah. It was ridiculously expensive -- think Upper Georgetown boutique prices -- but Lucy said she liked it. (And I think there's a lot of things I can do with beans this summer.) It's pale green, sleeveless with a big raincoat kind of collar and a sash around the waist. Now I need to be invited to more semi-formal spring/summer affairs. Like a wedding. You know who you are, people. Get the show on the road!

What else? I spent $6.10 for a pecan pie recipe. But it's John Edwards's mother Bobbie Edwards's recipe! And you know how I feel about universal healthcare (and the un-insurance companies.) Anyway, I'm not giving away the secret ingredient -- because I think maybe you can fork over the $6.10 too. That is, if you want poor children to get much-needed operations, etc... I will tell you however, that it has cream!! Oh, how I love cream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a spinoff: Pies and Babies!
Glad to see the little nipper slept through her test.

June 18, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home