free hit counter Snacks, please!: The hair

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The hair

The babies get a lot of, "Oh, look at those curls!" while we're strolling around town. And then, with a suspicious nod toward my own not-so-curly hair, they ask, "Where does it come from??"

Well, my sister Sharon does have curly hair, although you wouldn't have known it if you met her anytime between 1983 and 2006, during which time she entrapped a small Asian man-servant in her guest bathroom, for the singular purpose of blowing out her curls with a high-power dryer and a round brush. (Now she pleads, "Whatever you do, don't cut it short and send them to school with little Afros and plaid pants.")

Anyway... Behold.

Josephinie's hair, at the end of a long day:


And Margaret...


Aaah! The humidity!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I second Sharon's admonition about the first-day-of-school 'fros? Said the girl off this afternoon to get her hair chemically relaxed. (Which I know neither my mother nor your mother would approve of but I'm not afraid of them!)

June 12, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh, how darling!!!!

June 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Daav said...

Ahem.
Could it be the Goodman jewfro genes, perhaps? My dad's always had curly hair. What remains is still curly. My cousin Laura (think Bette Midler 20 yrs. younger) has always had a head of crazy red curls. Plus your brother has curly hair.
It's like the twins thing: We're practically tripping over all these crazy genes.

June 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home