free hit counter Snacks, please!: Tchabo, Tchabo!!

Monday, April 9, 2007

Tchabo, Tchabo!!


I saw Dr. Tchabo today for a six-week postpartum visit. He's going to be talking about the girls at a conference next week on Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome. I almost asked him if he wanted to take them and pass them around... They're celebrities! (Can they demand Perrier in their preemie formula? Satin sheets in their crib?) Anyway, I never understand everything he says, which I think was for the best when I was pregnant. ("Lady Ellen! Blah-blah, you're doing a wonderful job! Blah-blah, cervix, maybe next week? Blah-blah, don't worry! There will be no surprises!) I know for sure he used the word miracle today. And I guess they are.
I came home and looked at the TTTS survival rates again (I had been trying to forget them for the past six months). In our situation, without surgery or amnio-reduction, it's less than 5 percent. **
(See?! Pretending everything is fine IS a viable strategy!)
In other news, David picked up an anti-Bush book, "Cruel and Unusual," at the salvage yard last weekend, along with a set of interior wood doors. Some of our Easter gang yesterday thought the publisher was reaching out to the wrong demographic, but hello? Republicans buy new, I can assure you! Still, I'm not reading it. I don't need another white guy in wire-rimmed glasses telling me why Bush stinks.
Two more years...

** Five percent is when you just wait and see. I did take that crazy drug for a week, which was supposed to work like an amnioreduction (without the big needle). So, maybe it's more accurate to look at survival rates for amnioreduction?? That would be 40 percent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Tchabo is a wonderful doctor. I moved 8 hours away and I still go back to VA for an annual check-up because I trust him to be the best.

April 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home