free hit counter Snacks, please!: hey, where did we go, days when the rains came...

Monday, June 14, 2010

hey, where did we go, days when the rains came...

We went to the hood's potluck and slip n slide extravaganza last night -- and Lucy scored a portrait of herself from the artist around the corner. It was a black-and-white lined drawing, which he happily told her to color. So later, sprawled across our filthy family room rug, she asks me, "Can I color my eyes blue?"

Whuh? I quickly judge that this is not a question of artistic freedom, of making the sky green and the grass blue. (After a year with the Unitarians, I say make it blue and eat it too!) Ununnhuh, next thing you know, I'm finding rhinoplasty in our Google cache.

"Uhhh, you COULD make your eyes blue. But why would you want to?"

"Because I like them better."

"Really??? Ha! I think brown eyes are beautiful."

Silence.

"Can I?"

"Fine, if you want to break my heart."

"Okay."

1 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

She's still planning a safari with you, so she clearly isn't planning on breaking it too much!

June 20, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home