free hit counter Snacks, please!: Whirled Peas

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Whirled Peas

Tonight at dinner Margaret stuck a green pea in her nose. It was half in, half out, and of course I told David to get the camera, quick! But then she took her little finger and poked it in her nose, poke! poke! Oh dear... I tried to get it out. But no. She'd shoved it halfway to the medulla oblangata. She coughed and coughed, cried, eeeeeh! "Yes Margaret, I know! You have a pea in your head!" and then... ACHOO!!! That pea flew out of her nose like a giant gas-powered snot! (And then, because I really do care, I snatched it away before she could pop it in her mouth.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha - I remember when my little sister did that (she's 21 now, so you can imagine that it a treasured memory now). Except my sister stuck a raisin in her nose and no one noticed she had done it until she did the whole cry-squirm-cry-squirm routine at which point my mom noticed one nostril slightly larger than the other...

July 9, 2008 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Haha!
And, of course, I've immortalized this memory forever on the Internets...
But I should have called it Pea Brain.

July 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home